Register
Welcome to the Stormspire.net WoW Gold Forums!

Greetings, guest! Welcome to Stormspire.net, your #1 resource for WoW and Diablo 3 Gold, Professions, and everything in between!


Enjoy what the site offers? Consider Premium Membership if you wish to get the most out of the site. Premium Membership benefits include the acclaimed Goblineer's World of Warcraft Gold Guide, private forum access, a complimentary high-quality avatar, and much more!


If this is your first visit, make sure to check out the Stormspire.net Survival Guide for a quick site orientation. You may also register to unlock all standard forum features, and to get rid of these lovely ads!


We proudly host the Official forums for TradeSkillMaster, The Undermine Journal, and WoWuction.

Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Apprentice
    Roisen's Avatar
    Posts
    2
    Reputation
    0
    Tagged in
    2 Posts
    Add to this user's reputation

    Cancel/Post scans get stuck on some items

    Cancel/post scans seem to get stuck on some items, and every time this happens I'm able to drill down into the item after it get's past it and I find that one of the names in the Seller column is simply '?'.

    If I cross-reference the seller in question against the data available on undermine journal, I'm able to see that the seller does in fact have a name. Each time this happens, it isn't any one person or item in particular. In fact usually it's someone who I'm later able to find on another of my scanned items. For example, TSM scans Wild Jade and Netherweave Cloth in that order. Wild Jade gets stuck for 30+ seconds and after it completes I find a ? in the sellers column for that item. Checking on UMJ shows that Alex is the seller. I then go back and find that Alex's name showed up as a Netherweave Cloth seller just fine.

    I just moved servers, so I feel that might have something to do with it.

  2. #2
    EU-DarkSpear(A)
    TSM Developer
    Bart39's Avatar
    Posts
    1,136
    Reputation
    58
    Tagged in
    368 Posts
    Add to this user's reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Roisen View Post
    Cancel/post scans seem to get stuck on some items, and every time this happens I'm able to drill down into the item after it get's past it and I find that one of the names in the Seller column is simply '?'.

    If I cross-reference the seller in question against the data available on undermine journal, I'm able to see that the seller does in fact have a name. Each time this happens, it isn't any one person or item in particular. In fact usually it's someone who I'm later able to find on another of my scanned items. For example, TSM scans Wild Jade and Netherweave Cloth in that order. Wild Jade gets stuck for 30+ seconds and after it completes I find a ? in the sellers column for that item. Checking on UMJ shows that Alex is the seller. I then go back and find that Alex's name showed up as a Netherweave Cloth seller just fine.

    I just moved servers, so I feel that might have something to do with it.
    this is a known blizzard api issue - sometimes it doesn't return the seller name - TSM will timeout after a while and move on
    Sic has joined #TradeSkillMaster
    I love you all. TSM Has given me children.
    That is all.
    Sic has left #TradeSkillMaster

    TSM Application Developer / Assistant Addon Developer

    For information: TSM Website, TSM Addon, TSM App.
    Also Follow TSM on Twitter, and Like TSM on Facebook!
    If you need help with any of the above hop on Chat. It's much faster than posting

  3. #3
    Apprentice
    Roisen's Avatar
    Posts
    2
    Reputation
    0
    Tagged in
    2 Posts
    Add to this user's reputation
    Anywhere I could modify the timeout value manually? I'm less interested in who's selling what than what it's selling for and I'd rather not have a 20 item cancel scan take several minutes.

  4. #4
    Sapy on US-Tichondrius(H)
    TSM Lead Developer
    Sapu94's Avatar
    Posts
    4,662
    Reputation
    241
    Blog Entries
    19
    Tagged in
    1361 Posts
    Add to this user's reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Roisen View Post
    Anywhere I could modify the timeout value manually? I'm less interested in who's selling what than what it's selling for and I'd rather not have a 20 item cancel scan take several minutes.
    You're not interesting if you're the lowest seller or not? If you just want to cancel all your auctions you can do so by right-clicking on the "Cancel Auctions" button.

    Sometime deleting the Cache folder inside your WoW folder can help speedup scans.


    Follow me and TSM on Twitter for important updates, news, and giveaways!
    TSM Website | TSM Chat Channel (IRC) | Donate | TSM FAQ

    "A good programmer is someone who always looks both ways before crossing a one-way street." ~Doug Linder

  5. #5
    Entrepreneur
    sheluvme's Avatar
    Posts
    5
    Reputation
    0
    Tagged in
    2 Posts
    Add to this user's reputation
    Hi SAPU94 - or anyone else in the community.

    I am currently having a very similar problem. I am running auctioneer and TSM and I am fairly new to TSM. The first 3-4 days everything was running fine and I was doing configurations.

    I have characters on both sides of the server, and now i have the following two errors:

    1. The getall scan via auctioneer or TSM are failing on both sides of the server. I get an error that "not all data was returned in GETSCAN and the scan was incomplete" It is consistently scanning 2667 items and then "failing" out of the 17,000.
    2. The send problem is on the "Cancel Auction" and it is only happening on the horde side. The post cancel is just getting on the 11th item every time. I wait up to 5-10 mins. when I go to the normal browse tab I see it doing all types of searches, but it is not for any my items that are even posted. I think I waited up to 30 mins once and it finally finished.

    My auction house only has about 17k items in it. Additionally, I tried the delete cache on the wow folder. I currently have this problem for the last 30 hrs now. both issues above are 100% repeatable.

    Thank You,
    Michael

  6. #6
    Entrepreneur
    sheluvme's Avatar
    Posts
    5
    Reputation
    0
    Tagged in
    2 Posts
    Add to this user's reputation
    hi, i just posted on another thread, so issue number 2 was resolved by removing an "unrecognized" battle pet out of my TSM group.

    However, i am still having many difficulties with the GETALL SCAN. Any ideas there?

  7. #7
    EU-DarkSpear(A)
    TSM Developer
    Bart39's Avatar
    Posts
    1,136
    Reputation
    58
    Tagged in
    368 Posts
    Add to this user's reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by sheluvme View Post
    hi, i just posted on another thread, so issue number 2 was resolved by removing an "unrecognized" battle pet out of my TSM group.

    However, i am still having many difficulties with the GETALL SCAN. Any ideas there?
    for your first issue this is an issue with blizzard returning the data correctly - not much we can do about that - that is exactly why we developed the TSM desktop Application
    Sic has joined #TradeSkillMaster
    I love you all. TSM Has given me children.
    That is all.
    Sic has left #TradeSkillMaster

    TSM Application Developer / Assistant Addon Developer

    For information: TSM Website, TSM Addon, TSM App.
    Also Follow TSM on Twitter, and Like TSM on Facebook!
    If you need help with any of the above hop on Chat. It's much faster than posting

  8. #8
    Entrepreneur
    sheluvme's Avatar
    Posts
    5
    Reputation
    0
    Tagged in
    2 Posts
    Add to this user's reputation
    thanks bart39, already downloaded the tool and I am loving it.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] TSM won't scan for post/cancel
    By Xlade in forum Official TradeSkillMaster Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: September 12th, 2012, 03:31 PM
  2. [Question] What happened to my cancel scans?
    By sully in forum Official TradeSkillMaster Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: September 3rd, 2012, 04:30 PM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: May 7th, 2012, 01:40 AM
  4. Post/Cancel Error
    By Naonak in forum Official TradeSkillMaster Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: November 3rd, 2011, 08:58 PM
  5. Need Help: Need TSM Browse Cancel and Post Button API
    By Khaos in forum Official TradeSkillMaster Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: September 26th, 2011, 12:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •