Register
Welcome to the Stormspire.net WoW Gold Forums!

Greetings, guest! Welcome to Stormspire.net, your #1 resource for WoW and Diablo 3 Gold, Professions, and everything in between!


Enjoy what the site offers? Consider Premium Membership if you wish to get the most out of the site. Premium Membership benefits include the acclaimed Goblineer's World of Warcraft Gold Guide, private forum access, a complimentary high-quality avatar, and much more!


If this is your first visit, make sure to check out the Stormspire.net Survival Guide for a quick site orientation. You may also register to unlock all standard forum features, and to get rid of these lovely ads!


We proudly host the Official forums for TradeSkillMaster, The Undermine Journal, and WoWuction.

Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    US-Greymane(H)
    Ethereal Contributor
    Toolarga's Avatar
    Posts
    34
    Reputation
    0
    Tagged in
    21 Posts
    Add to this user's reputation

    Question Unable to pull data to Excel

    Hi,

    Today I downloaded the IQY Excel Data Source from the Market API linked to from the Greymane-H pages. I loaded the file into Excel and I see it in my connections. In A1, it said something about getting data for a few seconds, and now it says "query failed - MySQL server has gone away " and I have no data. I'd really like to start making a couple cheap little spreadsheets, so I would really appreciate some help from @Erorus or anybody else.

    Thanks!

    EDIT::Now I managed to get the headings in the first row, but I still have no item data. I didn't do anything but hit refresh to get the headings, but the same isn't working for the items.
    Last edited by Toolarga; December 22nd, 2012 at 12:09 PM.

  2. #2
    Apprentice
    Malawar's Avatar
    Posts
    1
    Reputation
    0
    Tagged in
    0 Posts
    Add to this user's reputation
    I'm having this issue too. Nothing's changed on my side, the excel query has been updating fine for months, but today I get only headers. I tried re-downloading the .IQY file, but it doesn't help the behavior. This is happening on my spreadsheets for A-Proudmoore (US) and A-Stormrage (US).

  3. #3
    Cat
    Cat's Avatar
    The manual search is spotty today too, getting a lot of "cannot connect to DB" so there must be an underlying issue.

  4. #4
    US-Greymane(H)
    Ethereal Contributor
    Toolarga's Avatar
    Posts
    34
    Reputation
    0
    Tagged in
    21 Posts
    Add to this user's reputation
    Well, it's nice to know that I'm not the only one having problems. Let's all hope that this gets fixed very soon!

  5. #5
    Developer - The Undermine Journal
    Erorus's Avatar
    Posts
    1,089
    Reputation
    91
    Tagged in
    585 Posts
    Add to this user's reputation
    We had some connection problems to the auction DB for much of today, but they were resolved just as mysteriously as they came. You should have better luck now, though perhaps this storm isn't yet through..

  6. #6
    Cat
    Cat's Avatar
    Working much better for me now. Thanks!

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Excel SS to grab data from WoWuction...
    By hitmanwa in forum Addons and Macros
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: August 11th, 2012, 12:23 PM
  2. Getting WoW API Data into Excel 2012 (Mac)
    By ericbreiter in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: March 5th, 2012, 12:46 AM
  3. Exporting UMJ data to Excel 2010 error
    By Blinky in forum Official Forum of The Undermine Journal
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: November 8th, 2011, 12:35 PM

Tags for this Thread