Register
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    URI for the api.market is not correct

    So I logged in and went to
    http://theunderminejournal.com/user.php

    In the Market Data XML I chose my realm in the drop down.
    There was a URI to the right. This URI does not work. I assume that it is due to my realm having a space in it.

    The URI was
    http://theunderminejournal.com/api.m...&realm=A-Aerie Peak

    Do I just need to encode the space? &realm=A-Aerie%20Peak
    Might I suggest fixing it so the %20 is there so one can just copy/paste the URI

  2. #2
    Erorus's Avatar
    Posts
    1,404
    Reputation
    114
    Tagged in
    677 Posts
    Add to this user's reputation
    Yeah, encode it. Should be fixed now anyway. Thx for the report.

  3. #3
    for the past three days I've not been able to get the api to work. Returns a data not found error. Since the site went down, it's been sporadic for me. I'm on Horde-Forgotten Coast

    http://theunderminejournal.com/api.m...gotten%20Coast

    Is it a system thing or did something change?

  4. #4
    Erorus's Avatar
    Posts
    1,404
    Reputation
    114
    Tagged in
    677 Posts
    Add to this user's reputation
    dquill: I checked the logs and I see you pulling data down for that realm successfully a bunch of times.

    Remember that you may retrieve market data via this API up to 5 times every 24 hours. Perhaps you're bumping into that limit? If you try to get data more than 5 times in 24 hours, you should get back a string that tells you such, and when you can do another successful pull.

  5. #5
    Hmm, odd, I'm not getting that. Since the downtime, I've not successfully received the data. Using the same setup on my side, just using a simple converter to turn it into a csv. I've tried using 3 different approaches, all return the same error (on two different machines). Advanced XML Converter is what I've been using for weeks. I don't think I've hit it more then 3 or 4 times in a day, I normally just run it once per day in the morning.

    Just tried again using excel, odd, same error. I've tried using Access, that XML converter, xmlstartlet and excel over the past four days. Used two different computers on two different networks.
    Last edited by dquill; April 3rd, 2011 at 09:49 PM.

  6. #6
    Erorus's Avatar
    Posts
    1,404
    Reputation
    114
    Tagged in
    677 Posts
    Add to this user's reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by dquill View Post
    Just tried again using excel, odd, same error. I've tried using Access, that XML converter, xmlstartlet and excel over the past four days. Used two different computers on two different networks.
    At 9:47pm EDT, you downloaded 1,722,127 bytes of XML for The Forgotten Coast Horde, three times in a row. Just now, I downloaded the XML for that realm, and it validates.

    I don't know what to tell you. You send a request, and the server responds with a HTTP 200 OK code and 1.6MB of XML. Everything looks okay on this end.

  7. #7
    Bummer, looks like I'm out of luck. Something is going on between your side and mine. You mentioned me trying three times in a row, I did not run it three times but once, in excel. Oh well, I was excited about this more then you'd imagine.

    You're providing an amazing service to the game, thanks for doing all the stuff you do. I'll try occasionally, but don't see any way to get it working on my side.

  8. #8
    Excel does some things automatically. If you've set up a data source in Excel and pointed that directly to your Undermine URI, strange stuff like this is going to happen.

    The alternative I'm using is to open the Undermine XML in my browser, save it as a file, and point Excel at that file. Works like a charm.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. New PTR Datamining (DATAMINED INFO ISNT ALWAYS CORRECT!!)
    By Aeg in forum Archive (Speculation)
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: June 4th, 2011, 05:12 PM