So thanks to my post in the What genres of music do you listen to? thread, the forum section is truly living up to it's name. Thought I would rather create a new thread here for discussion/information posting about the product.
I know @Sterling is possibly interested in buying one, and @RavenC seems rather curious too.
I've got my name down at my local retailer to try and get the new Black Edition before leaving on the 28th of December for the Seychelles.
(catchy tune, how the discussion started)
(insane slow-motion using Twixtor plugin and GoPro's high fps recording)
(She is gorgeous)
I've spent literally hours and hours and hours over the past few days just watching and downloading and enjoying various GoPro videos.
Those I linked above are made with the older GoPro HERO2 models, so the GoPro HERO3 Black Edition is going to be a fantastic improvement.
First off, does anyone on these forums actually OWN a GoPro and use it? Maybe have some info/opinions to chime in with?
Secondly, something I want to make people very aware of after I've amped them up with this thread is that GoPro is actually rather buggy.
- GoPro make the best cameras on the market, no doubt about it. But, their customer service is absolutely terrible.
- Half the orders with them don't go through - so purchase from BestBuy or another local retailer rather.
- Their customer service SUCKS, you are going to struggle to get help if something goes wrong.
- They have lots of bugs in their firmware and problems with various other software.
- ---- Charging the camera via USB (which is the default way to charge unless you purchase a wall adapter, etc) can cause the GoPro to lockup and give you endless problems. Buy an adapter, use the iPad charger, etc, rather.
- ---- Communicating to the computer via USB (e.g. copying / streaming files) can cause the GoPro to lockup and give you endless problems. Use a card reader if you have one available.
- The iOS/Android GoPro app doesn't support the HERO3 Black Edition at the moment (supposedly being updated to support it on Dec 14).
Don't let this taint your view of the camera though. It's not common occurances, I'm just mentioning those problems so you can be prepared for it or know how to avoid it.