So I hope that my Pre-Competition Post has gotten you all excited and your creative juices flowing. - I know it was a while ago, and half of you probably forgot about it eh?
As promised, this competition is going to be rather interesting and a little bit complex. It's going to take you time to complete it, but it's a balance between hardwork and innovation/knowledge. So even complete new players to making gold do actually stand a chance in winning against seasoned entrepreneurs.
Essentially the competition is a documentary/journal/diary style competition, where you will be closely recording everything you do for the different stages of the competition.
Sterling has kindly made a new forum section called Competition Entries where you must post your competition entries instead of having to mail it or have them all scattered about in different forums. The best thing is that only YOU can see your own threads and posts in that section. When the competition is over we will open it up for everyone to see.
The Competition Stages:
Stage 1: You will start off with 10gold and you need to then turn that into 200gold. You can farm - but you must find a way to incorporate that 10g into your farming, you can flip, you can vendor, but you cannot use professions. You can flip profession items but you may not craft or make anything with professions (your professions or anyone else's). You cannot however use any other gold other than that 10g and the subsequent amounts that you earned using that 10g.
Stage 2: With this 200gold that you have now attained, you need to pick one specific niche and turn that 200gold into 2000gold. It can be a professions niche, it can be manipulating a market niche, etc. You cannot however use any other gold other than that 200g and the subsequent amounts that you earned using that 200g.
Stage 3: Reflection. A big thing about this competition is I want it to show new players how easy it can actually be to make gold when you have next to nothing. For the last stage I want you to explain to us if you think that the niches/methods that you chose were effective and if you would recommend it to others or not.
Some things I want you to take into account:
The reason being is I will be issuing an additional award to the entry that to me has the most detail - regardless of voting poll results, without coming across like an essay/thesis and has the most effort or creativity put in. So just because you don't have an entire blog community backing you up in the votes, you can still win a significant prize!
- Own comments / describe what you are doing
- Detail! Record EVERYTHING, dates/days, time of the day or length of time it took, repair bills, postage costs, lost deposit costs, auction house cuts.
- Item links, link any items involved so people can check out the item in more detail.
- Mistakes made
- If you are able to make more than 2000g with that method then keep going. You do not have to stop at 2000g if you don't want to.
- Don't cheat and do something like, putting up a bottle of milk on the AH for 200g and getting a friend to buy it for you, in order to complete stage 1. - It's a simple example but you get the point.
- Have fun, really we make these competitions so that we can increase the interaction amongst the community and for people to have fun. Don't be shy and decide not to enter because you are new to gold making, or because you maybe don't think you have enough time. Be enthusiastic and optimistic!
We have a couple of prizes lined up ranging from specific wow orientated (legal) services, to TCG pets, and other funky stuff.
If you would like to donate a prize (for example pet codes or gametime or just plain cash) you are welcome to speak to Sterling or myself - it does not have to be a lot at all.
So far we have had donations for this contest from:
Saate @ Massively Obsessed (www.Saate.net)
KuRIoS @ Massively Multiplayer Owned (www.MMOwned.com)
Xerenetit @ The Consortium Forums
And some left over cash from the previous contest.
Competition ends on 10th May
P.S. Please don't use ImageShack to host your screenshots, for some reason it blocks me due to my country.
I recommend using www.imgur.com, it's an awesome image host and very very fast.