So, in the release version, I added the option to change the color scheme of TSM. For those who haven't realized this, type '/tsm' and under the "Status" button (the default screen), click on the "Options" tab.
The current default is the dark blue which TSM has always used as it's color scheme. Since I'm not a graphic designer, I could use some help in improving the aesthetics of TSM. I also have some awesome prizes to give away, so I thought I'd make a contest out of it.
Anybody who uses TradeSkillMaster.
The contest will end at 10PM PDT on Monday July 16th (roughly 1 week after the original post). Winners will be chosen, announced, and contacted via PM within 48 hours of the deadline.
Below are some ground rules for the competition. I'm happy to answer any questions or concerns regarding the rules.
- The simplest way to enter this contest is to tweak the colors via the in-game options.
- You are also allowed (but certainly not required) to edit the code. I'm happy to help you locate specific parts of the code via IRC (send me a PM with what you're looking for) or email (email@example.com). Nearly all the code you'll be interested in will be in the TradeSkillMaster addon in either the "GUI" or "Auction" folders. WARNING: Do NOT edit the AuctionFrame.lua or AuctionUtil.lua files without first talking to me. You may trigger anti-bot code and not like the results. You have been warned.
- Feel free to use paint/photoshop/etc to create your entry, but how feasible the design is to implement will be highly weighted in the judging. Needless to say, the design should use textures / colors which are already in the game or could easily be added. The TexBrowser addon or this link are good ways for viewing all the various textures which are in-game.
Submitting your entry:
To submit your entry, take screenshots of the main TSM window, the TSM auction house tab, and anything else you think is necessary. You can either upload them to imgur and link them in a PM to me on these forums, link them in a reply to this thread, or send them to me via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Originally Posted by Sapu
Below are all the available prizes. How this will work is that whoever submits an entry will get to pick the one prize they want, in the order which their designs are ranked at the end of the competition. I'll just go down the list of entries until I'm out of prizes (or out of submissions).
- Free Curse Premium for "life" (as long as TSM is still around).
- Be among the first to test out the new TSM application.
- Pick a feature that you'd like to see implemented in TSM next (within reason obviously).
- A key to get into the upcoming Guild Wars 2 Beta.
Here's some general tips to help you out. More will be added based on questions / comments from the replies to this post.
I look forward to seeing what you come up with. Good luck!