Register
Welcome to the Stormspire.net WoW Gold Forums!

Greetings, guest! Welcome to Stormspire.net, your #1 resource for WoW and Diablo 3 Gold, Professions, and everything in between!


Enjoy what the site offers? Consider Premium Membership if you wish to get the most out of the site. Premium Membership benefits include the acclaimed Goblineer's World of Warcraft Gold Guide, private forum access, a complimentary high-quality avatar, and much more!


If this is your first visit, make sure to check out the Stormspire.net Survival Guide for a quick site orientation. You may also register to unlock all standard forum features, and to get rid of these lovely ads!


We proudly host the Official forums for TradeSkillMaster, The Undermine Journal, and WoWuction.

Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    US-Steamwheedle Cartel (A)
    Entrepreneur
    Pfooti's Avatar
    Posts
    43
    Reputation
    3
    Tagged in
    16 Posts
    Add to this user's reputation

    Gold transfer at level 90?

    Does anybody know what the gold transfer cap will be at level 90?

  2. #2
    US-Stormrage(A)
    Ethereal Contributor
    Xsinthis's Avatar
    Posts
    634
    Reputation
    17
    Tagged in
    206 Posts
    Add to this user's reputation
    I assume it will be the same as it is now, previous caps were to cut down on gold...trafficking I guess is the word I'm looking for here.

  3. #3
    US-Steamwheedle Cartel (A)
    Entrepreneur
    Pfooti's Avatar
    Posts
    43
    Reputation
    3
    Tagged in
    16 Posts
    Add to this user's reputation
    Well, the cap was significantly lower in LK at level 80. I'm not sure I remember what it was, but it was pretty low. It's still fairly low, but seems to go up every max level.

    The thing is, a guild transfer only costs like $5 more than a character one, and that nets you 1 million gold in the gbank, plus many inventory slots, plus the transferring toon. Plus, it's been pointed out that while you can't move actual gold from one economy to another, you can transfer wealth in the form of account-bound pets. Buy a pet on server A where you have gold, and sell it on server B where you don't. The pet-transfer scheme doesn't change the amount of gold in either economy (so this is good), but it does afford a transferring toon the ability to move their wealth (provided they don't make poor decisions on pet sales).

  4. #4
    European Citizen
    Entrepreneur
    zenga's Avatar
    Posts
    195
    Reputation
    13
    Tagged in
    75 Posts
    Add to this user's reputation
    Seeing how desolate (unplayable) certain servers are, and that a server transfer is the only sensible way out, they shouldn't punish these guys a 2nd time by a ridiculously low gold cap. It's like 'ok dude, you are on this empty server where you can't play the game, now toss a few 100$ towards us to be able to play the game again, ... cheers for the dollars, oh btw, you should leave most of your gold behind, you'll have lots of fun starting over from scratch again on your new realm'. Unless you prepare your move weeks in advance.

    Remove those gold caps for server transfers at max level!

  5. #5
    EU-Spinebreaker(H)
    Entrepreneur
    Cagehunter's Avatar
    Posts
    32
    Reputation
    6
    Tagged in
    10 Posts
    Add to this user's reputation
    TBH I think that 1 free server transfer per account per 1 month paid subscription would be fair, no retrospective count, it all starts when service launches
    what you think?

  6. #6
    Entrepreneur
    jesterodoom's Avatar
    Posts
    39
    Reputation
    0
    Tagged in
    9 Posts
    Add to this user's reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Cagehunter View Post
    TBH I think that 1 free server transfer per account per 1 month paid subscription would be fair, no retrospective count, it all starts when service launches
    what you think?
    I think it's a great idea, but they haven't taken any of our suggestions so far, and I doubt they will in the future until it's too late.

  7. #7
    Wind Trader
    Mithrildar's Avatar
    Posts
    754
    Reputation
    160
    Tagged in
    467 Posts
    Add to this user's reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    Seeing how desolate (unplayable) certain servers are, and that a server transfer is the only sensible way out, they shouldn't punish these guys a 2nd time by a ridiculously low gold cap. It's like 'ok dude, you are on this empty server where you can't play the game, now toss a few 100$ towards us to be able to play the game again, ... cheers for the dollars, oh btw, you should leave most of your gold behind, you'll have lots of fun starting over from scratch again on your new realm'. Unless you prepare your move weeks in advance.

    Remove those gold caps for server transfers at max level!
    Gold caps aren't a punishment, their goal is to limit inflation. Transferring gold to a realm actually adds gold to the circulation and speeds up inflation. Taking items with you and selling them on the new realm doesn't add gold to the economy, the same way people can't remove large amounts of gold from circulation of a realm either. While it's kinda unfair that you can get around this limitation by paying another few bucks for a guild bank transfer and I have no info on how much impact this rule has, it does protects the economies of realms.

  8. #8
    Entrepreneur
    Exile's Avatar
    Posts
    110
    Reputation
    1
    Tagged in
    42 Posts
    Add to this user's reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithrildar View Post
    Gold caps aren't a punishment, their goal is to limit inflation. Transferring gold to a realm actually adds gold to the circulation and speeds up inflation. Taking items with you and selling them on the new realm doesn't add gold to the economy, the same way people can't remove large amounts of gold from circulation of a realm either. While it's kinda unfair that you can get around this limitation by paying another few bucks for a guild bank transfer and I have no info on how much impact this rule has, it does protects the economies of realms.
    Side question: Does anyone know if the cap has increased on beta? For a guild bank or for the players ?

  9. #9
    Ethereal Contributor
    Safedeposit's Avatar
    Posts
    68
    Reputation
    4
    Tagged in
    14 Posts
    Add to this user's reputation
    I believe the gold cap also keeps hackers from jumping from server to server with mass amounts of gold. While it is pain in the you know what everytime I want to transfer my chars to another server I understand the point. I have actually had to transfer 2 guilds at a time to move my gold or risk leaving it on a server that I probably would never play on again but the extra cost is worth it for me to carry liquid rather than risk being burned on buying up things that might not sell well on my new server and taking a loss.

  10. #10
    US-Steamwheedle Cartel (A)
    Entrepreneur
    Pfooti's Avatar
    Posts
    43
    Reputation
    3
    Tagged in
    16 Posts
    Add to this user's reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    Side question: Does anyone know if the cap has increased on beta? For a guild bank or for the players ?
    Actually, this isn't a side question. This is the question I asked in the OP. :P

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Gold blogs for low level gold making
    By Ohnekase in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: September 26th, 2011, 05:14 PM
  2. [General] Taking my gold-making to the next level
    By Xzander in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: September 6th, 2011, 01:32 PM
  3. [General] Gold Cap at level 10?
    By Drrwho in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: April 21st, 2011, 04:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •