Hello dear goblins!
A lot of players like to change their gear when they reach cata, cause well, entry cata greens are much better then even ICC heroic gear, which I doubt most of the players have. Usually I buy all the pieces less than 100g and sell them 150-250g depending on the level requirement, lower level=higher price
Reasons players will want these items: (taken from Sinshroud's guide Cashing in on entry level Cata gear)
- Often they still have level 60-low70-ish level gear, because they simply haven't found replacements for them yet or have leveled too fast to actually get some (maybe they dungeon grinded with bad luck or BG leveled - who knows, WOTLK questing content is hated by many anyways).
- Believe it or not the stamina increase. There is a massive jump in stamina between WOTLK and Cataclysm (for all classes, not just tanks), and it's extremely noticeable even when questing, but particularly when dungeoning and getting hit by mobs / boss abilities and especially when pvping and getting 1 shotted by someone in Cata instance blues.
- Item Level increase, you need a certain item level in order to join the beginning lower level Cataclysm dungeons, and most of the time if you are still in WOTLK quest/dungeon items, you won't have the sufficient item level.
- Hierlooms. They stop working once you reach level 80 in terms of their experience increase bonus, and their item level also gets reset to 1, making them completely useless when wanting to queue for a dungeon.
There are level 80 waist, feet, shoulders and wrist crafts, sales might be lower for them.
There are level 80 waist and wrist crafts, sales might be lower for them.
There are level 80 feet craft, sales might be lower for them.
There are many level 80 crafts, just be smart there with them.
Shields & Off-hand 77-80:
Range weapons 77-80:
There are several rules:
- Be careful with pricing level 80 gear which in some situations may have similar craftable gear.
- Dont buy items with only 2 stats on them, like stamina and intellect.
- Dont set too high prices, 250g is a maximum.
Other useful topics:
Cashing in on entry level Cata gear
Cata BoE Blue shopping list
To do list: Add weapons and I might add helms, cloaks