Register
Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last
Results 1 to 10 of 63
  1. #1
    Keldara's Avatar
    Posts
    226
    Reputation
    13
    Tagged in
    34 Posts
    Add to this user's reputation

    Cut uncommon vendor price 75s >> DATAMINED <<

    Bold Carnelian, Solid Zephyrite, Subtle Alicite, Perfect Quick Alicite, Sovereign Nightstone, Regal Jasper, Resolute Hessonite, and any cut of uncommon gem now sells to NPC for 75 silver instead of 9 gold.
    - from MMO-Champion


    What are people thoughts and plans if this goes live?

    I personally buy Obsidium at ~50g/stack and Elementium at 65g/stack, a rare gem costs me 35-44g to transmute, and I sell all cuts for 65-292g, averaging at 130g I imagine (amberjewels and dream emeralds at the bottom).

    I have about 400 of each uncommon gem lying around and some 2000 Obsidium Ore. I'm tempted to go "all out" (not flooding obv.) on transmuting into rares + shadowspirits and cutting and selling before the prices crash (small populated faction with ~300 of each ore on weekdays and massive peak at 6k-10k on Sat/Sun (11k this past weekend).

    I know about the whole epic gems source debate as well that's on-going, but I reckon it'll be cheaper and be enough time to restock on ore/gems for plausible future epic transmute in between those two patches (as long as epics don't appear in Patch 4.2, which I doubt)

    I'm a bit torn x)

  2. #2
    Davison's Avatar
    Posts
    305
    Reputation
    34
    Tagged in
    69 Posts
    Add to this user's reputation
    I dont kow what to think of it, offcourse its only datamined info, so we should approach it with some caution.
    It's been stated quite allot that blizzard has been very carefull with changes that would affect the economy, and making a change like this could possibly crash allot of markets.
    Not only the ore market would crash but it might take the meta gem aswell as the blue gem market down aswell as it would lower the transmute cost of them significantly.

    But thats only the jewelcrafting market, for me personally, the plate pvp gear crafted with blacksmithing has been a real good income aswell and with the prices for elementium ore going down this might be another market going down with it.

    If this is to cut down on the gold farmers income i think its a bad call as this will more likely affect players allot more since the farmers will probably move on to the herb market then.

    To sum it all up, i for one will not stop buying ore for now, on the other hand i might lower my stockpile of elementium bars, and i will make sure i've gone trough most of my green gems before any maintanence.
    But thats just to be on the safe side.
    On the other hand this might be beneficial for people that have enough time on their hands atm, as this might lead to people panicking and unloading ore on the market.
    I really hope this doesn't go live as this would affect a very big part of my income, but on the other hand 9G uncommon gems were dodgy to start with.
    If your only goal is to become rich, you will never achieve it.
    John D. Rockefeller

    If you're looking for help, try using the search function of the website first before making a new topic.
    If you would like to receive personalized help catered around your business, you might want to consider becoming an Ethereal Contributor

  3. #3
    I agree, Davison. I've come up with a simple three step program to deal with the panic.

    First, breathe in, breathe out. Second, don't be stupid. Third, use your head and figure out how to profit from the stupid.

  4. #4
    Aeg's Avatar
    Posts
    1,045
    Reputation
    59
    Tagged in
    234 Posts
    Add to this user's reputation
    Ok since this seems to be the main thread for this lets talk some sense here. This is datamined info and subject to be wrong! I personally believe it to be correct information and that the 9g vendor value was wreaking havoc with the economy. Even if this infomation is correct it DOES NOT mean the end of the shuffle. There have always been other options to move uncommon gems and those will still exist. We did not have this safe floor value with saronite ore and I actually prefer this as some people will be scared out of the market.

    That being said here are my plans moving forward:

    1) Prospecting all remaining elementium/obsidium ore I have and vendoring all uncommon gems I won't be able to make a profit on - I am still keeping carnellians for inferno rubys etc. I will still be buying ore and prospecting if the price is right currently.

    2) Moving my current stock of shadowspirits much more agressively. Value change on these uncommon gems means the floor for making this is much cheaper and prices will follow soon.

    3) Holding off on buying more elementium bars for the time being as I see the prices on elementium ore dropping shortly to adjust for the fact that the vendor floor is changed.

    4) I am going to go on a bit of a volatile stockpile craze, as I would expect as elementium ore falls the farming will slow down a bit as farmers look for more profitable ventures.

    These are my couple initial moves - What are you planning on doing? Remember to figure how to capitalize on stupid, aka look for cheap uncommon gems under 9g still as long as you use them before patch night.
    Experience for mining/herbing - Making farming tolerable and leveling painful.
    There can only be one Rewind Trader

  5. #5
    Davison's Avatar
    Posts
    305
    Reputation
    34
    Tagged in
    69 Posts
    Add to this user's reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by calianna View Post
    I agree, Davison. I've come up with a simple three step program to deal with the panic.

    First, breathe in, breathe out. Second, don't be stupid. Third, use your head and figure out how to profit from the stupid.
    So true...

    For me the most important change is that i would have to dissapoint some people, i have people mining for me, and a guildie mass prospecting for me at 3g a stack.
    The loss of income for them will be allot harder then it will be for me, as i have enough knowledge and resources to go into other markets or keep the ore shuffle profitable even at a smaller scale.
    If your only goal is to become rich, you will never achieve it.
    John D. Rockefeller

    If you're looking for help, try using the search function of the website first before making a new topic.
    If you would like to receive personalized help catered around your business, you might want to consider becoming an Ethereal Contributor

  6. #6
    Aeg's Avatar
    Posts
    1,045
    Reputation
    59
    Tagged in
    234 Posts
    Add to this user's reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Davison View Post
    as i have enough knowledge and resources to go into other markets or keep the ore shuffle profitable even at a smaller scale.
    Don't think of it as smaller scale, think of it as less competition and bigger scale. The only reason I am vendoring most of my uncommons is not that I dont think uncommon gems will have profit. It is that I think the opportunity cost of them vendored is better then using them for other things that will drop in price. I do not anticipating losing any gold to this change. Just adjusting my strategies to compensate.
    Experience for mining/herbing - Making farming tolerable and leveling painful.
    There can only be one Rewind Trader

  7. #7
    I have 13000 Carnelians and 11000 Jaspers because I've simply had no time to do anything with them in addition to a guild tab each of Nightstones and Zephyrites which I keep to sell for dailies and anywhere between 1000 to 1800 of each rare gem.

    My gut feeling now is to just cut and vend everything. Rare gems on my server are already at their vend price with the exception of rubies which I really don't know what to do with at the moment. Dusts and essences have been at a point where Alicite and Nightstone haven't been worth disenchanting so that ought to crash too. Essence crash -> fewer to make Spikes -> more rubies T_T.

    On the other hand, its been mentioned that fewer bots'll be mining so that'll have some effect on rubies too.

    My question is, what do I do with my inferno rubies?

  8. #8
    Davison's Avatar
    Posts
    305
    Reputation
    34
    Tagged in
    69 Posts
    Add to this user's reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeg View Post
    Ok since this seems to be the main thread for this lets talk some sense here. This is datamined info and subject to be wrong! I personally believe it to be correct information and that the 9g vendor value was wreaking havoc with the economy. Even if this infomation is correct it DOES NOT mean the end of the shuffle. There have always been other options to move uncommon gems and those will still exist. We did not have this safe floor value with saronite ore and I actually prefer this as some people will be scared out of the market.

    That being said here are my plans moving forward:

    1) Prospecting all remaining elementium/obsidium ore I have and vendoring all uncommon gems I won't be able to make a profit on - I am still keeping carnellians for inferno rubys etc. I will still be buying ore and prospecting if the price is right currently.

    2) Moving my current stock of shadowspirits much more agressively. Value change on these uncommon gems means the floor for making this is much cheaper and prices will follow soon.

    3) Holding off on buying more elementium bars for the time being as I see the prices on elementium ore dropping shortly to adjust for the fact that the vendor floor is changed.

    4) I am going to go on a bit of a volatile stockpile craze, as I would expect as elementium ore falls the farming will slow down a bit as farmers look for more profitable ventures.

    These are my couple initial moves - What are you planning on doing? Remember to figure how to capitalize on stupid, aka look for cheap uncommon gems under 9g still as long as you use them before patch night.
    1) I'm currently gonna keep buying ore at the same rate as i allways did, but instead of being lazy actually go trough the whole cut and vendor process before every maintanence.
    2) I'm glad to have sold off all my shadowspirits 2 days ago, but i will keep transmuting a small amount to move them trough the ah untill prices go down
    3) Instead of refilling my stockpile of elementium bars with 100's of bars i'll most likely keep it down to only a few stacks
    4) look for panicking people selling ore dirt cheap :-)
    5) Hope the change doesn't reach live servers and live happily ever after :-)
    If your only goal is to become rich, you will never achieve it.
    John D. Rockefeller

    If you're looking for help, try using the search function of the website first before making a new topic.
    If you would like to receive personalized help catered around your business, you might want to consider becoming an Ethereal Contributor

  9. #9
    Panic!!! EVERYONE PANIC!! FIRESALE, GO!

    There has been revolution and evolutions in the markets of wow since vanilla. The long time auctioneers will continue to ride the waves made by others, making their gold. If you've backed yourself into a corner based on the availability of such a narrow scope, you failed a long while ago, and this is just the game playing out.

    Diversification is a key to this money game we play.

    I've added nothing to value to this thread, and I stand by my randomness.

  10. #10
    Thelegend's Avatar
    Posts
    46
    Reputation
    24
    Tagged in
    3 Posts
    Add to this user's reputation
    There was also the datamined Delicate and Brilliant Blazejewel spells. Firelands epic potential I suspect with +50 Stats a piece. Though no particularly strong hints as to their actual location or means to obtain.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Uncut Uncommon price reduced to 50s - 4.2
    By ExtremeEagle in forum Archive (Professions)
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: June 29th, 2011, 03:01 PM
  2. Further Gem Vendor Price Nerfs (And Ore Vendor Price Changes)
    By Methi in forum Archive (Speculation)
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: June 8th, 2011, 02:25 PM
  3. New Vendor Floor Price for Obsidium and Elementium in 4.2
    By Kathroman in forum Archive (Speculation)
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: May 30th, 2011, 01:16 PM
  4. Any confirmation on that uncommon gem vendor change
    By Jarnow in forum Archive (General)
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: May 4th, 2011, 03:33 PM
  5. Common Gem Vendor Price
    By Tangster in forum Archive (General)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: April 7th, 2011, 08:20 PM