Greetings, fellow goblineers
I've recently come back from a break to find the market and buying activity pretty dim, so I'd like to ask for your sage advice about planning for MoP and maximizing profits.
- a high populated server (Ashenvale)
- 40k in gold, about 40-50k in flasks, 4 stacks of Truegold, some volatiles, etc,
- 2 85 chars (alchemy/herb, JC/mining) and 3 newbs (ench/tailoring, two without professions) with 2 guild banks total (but can get 2 more)
- a desire to maximize profit before and after MoP release.
Right now, someone regularly undercuts flasks from 70g to their auction mat price and the amount of sales is lower, so I don't want to bother with selling my stock at the moment (unless I have to, since MoP would probably have better flasks for raiding).
So, I'd like to prepare to MoP somehow and maximize my profits. I've read a bit around here and noticed that you'd generally recommend:
- leveling alts to 80-85
- for such a small budget, work in short sales, don't stockpile just yet (or buy really cheap stuff in huge stacks, such as volatiles)
- stockpile rare pets, bottlenecks (herbs, ore, etc).
What I am doing right now is:
- leveling two 40-60lev chars to 85, another just to get a guild bank (I'm dabbling with cooking and it requires lots of space )
- picking bs/eng and inscription/? for two other chars and trying to maximize them as well
- researching options to buy cheap stuff and stockpile it (bottlenecks, pets, etc)
- researching on what to do since the release day.
But suspect that you would take more things into account and can direct me in a better direction.
Thus, my questions are:
- what would you do, if you had what I have?
- which professions would you pick for the two new characters? do I need to take herbalism to go with inscription (and take bs on my main, for example) or make another alchemist (a transmuter)? Do I need to make a double gatherer for MoP, even though I can only enjoy farming for 1-2 hours max?
- what would you stockpile, when, and how much?
- what else would you recommend for me to do?
- in the spirit of the server review by Kathroman, what would you do on this very server (Ashenvale)?
- would you recommend any threads/posts for alchemists or general gold making that aren't in the "Quality guides" sections?
I'd appreciate all the advice you can provide
Thank you in advance