Register
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    Don't forget Abyssal Bags!

    Abyssal Bags have previously been kinda meh to profit from on my server, but with the current crash in Eternal and Abyss crystal prices, anyone with a relatively extensive stockpile of Frostweave cloth is able to achieve some really nice profit margins.

    Note that to put this to optimal use you'll need access to both a Spellweave and Shadoweave tailor.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Qruz View Post
    Note that to put this to optimal use you'll need access to both a Spellweave and Shadoweave tailor.
    Spellweave and Ebonweave will always yield 1 cloth as tailoring specialization no longer exists.

  3. #3
    Well doesn't that make me feel dumb, I guess I've missed that.

    So, to put this to use you'll need a Time Machine, a Spellcloth and Shadoweave tailor!

  4. #4
    you got it! =P

  5. #5
    Where did I park my Delorian?

  6. #6
    Ayplauj's Avatar
    Posts
    44
    Reputation
    0
    Tagged in
    0 Posts
    Add to this user's reputation
    I used to have a spellcloth and shadoweave tailor, now I have a tailor and a fledgling enchanter.

  7. #7
    Cokeroft's Avatar
    Posts
    72
    Reputation
    19
    Tagged in
    2 Posts
    Add to this user's reputation
    I'm not sure if someone made a post before 4.0 on these forums, but I know I personally made 400 of each cloth before the patch hit (and tailor spec was taken out) for real cheap. I recently unloaded all of it and the results were rather nice Over the thanksgiving break I went from 270k to 330k from selling only Spellweave, Ebonweave, Moonshroud, Bolts of Imbued Frostweave, and posting about 100 different glyphs a day. Good income for a 4 day break
    "Nothing can happen till you swing the bat."

  8. #8
    Regarding

    With the removal of the tailoring specialization, has anyone who actively trades in this seen any large differences in pricing? I have no historical data on this.

    I have (err..had) a Spellcloth specced tailor, and I currently am sitting on a ton of . Are their any trends that would suggest making the bags, or selling the cloth as mats?

  9. #9
    Cokeroft's Avatar
    Posts
    72
    Reputation
    19
    Tagged in
    2 Posts
    Add to this user's reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by RavenC View Post
    Regarding

    With the removal of the tailoring specialization, has anyone who actively trades in this seen any large differences in pricing? I have no historical data on this.

    I have (err..had) a Spellcloth specced tailor, and I currently am sitting on a ton of . Are their any trends that would suggest making the bags, or selling the cloth as mats?
    On my server, it's more profitable to sell the Cloth by itself, than craft it and make bags. Bags on Blackrock going for 250g~ and Ebonweave is going for 40g~ and Spellweave for 45-50g~ with the mats to craft each cloth around 25g, so it's pretty easy money on my server. Plus, the cloth moves MUCH faster than bags do. I'm not at home, or I'd share my beancounter, but I'd just start doing some simple math and figure it out
    "Nothing can happen till you swing the bat."

  10. #10
    deca's Avatar
    Posts
    3
    Reputation
    0
    Tagged in
    0 Posts
    Add to this user's reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Cokeroft View Post
    On my server, it's more profitable to sell the Cloth by itself, than craft it and make bags. Bags on Blackrock going for 250g~ and Ebonweave is going for 40g~ and Spellweave for 45-50g~ with the mats to craft each cloth around 25g, so it's pretty easy money on my server. Plus, the cloth moves MUCH faster than bags do. I'm not at home, or I'd share my beancounter, but I'd just start doing some simple math and figure it out
    As always, conditions are different from server to server. On mine, the two weaves usually go for a small premium above their material cost so there's not much point selling them. Bags on the other hand go for 300-350g while I can buy/make spellweave for under 40g and make ebonweave for about 16g. Total production cost for the bag is then about 150g so the profits are quite good. Volume is low though with only a couple bags being sold per day but 300-400g for a couple minutes work is fine with me.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Bountiful Bags Perk and Abyssal Shatter
    By Reverb in forum Archive (Professions)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: May 13th, 2011, 10:06 AM
  2. Abyssal Bags and their counterparts
    By Mugsley in forum Archive (Professions)
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: February 10th, 2011, 11:47 AM
  3. Abyssal Bag
    By Bramblebone in forum Archive (Professions)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: October 14th, 2010, 11:20 AM