In order to import my long list of The Undermine Journal market notifications into Auctioneer's snatch list, I made a tiny addon to do this process so I wouldn't have to do it all manually (which was probably faster but way more boring). By posting this here I am hoping someone else will find a use for it as well (download at the bottom of this post).
In case you don't have any market notifications set-up in The Undermine Journal yet, you can find some nice import lists here, here, here and some other places too (just search).
Usage is simple (assuming you already installed the addon and restarted your client).
- Go to theunderminejournal.com/user.php.
- Scroll down to the Market Notifications header.
- Right of the header (above the import field), there is an Export button; click that.
- In WoW, talk to an Auctioneer to load all Auctioneer modules.
- If you want to add the snatch items to a different profile then be sure to select that before proceeding.
- Enter the command: /tuj2snatch in your chatbox and hit enter.
- You should now be prompted with a large text box where you can paste your market notifications.
- Hit CTRL-V to paste them.
- Click the Import! button to import the market notifications.
- You will probably have to click this button once more in order to add items that weren't in your item cache yet.
- Scroll through your list to find any market notifications with filters that couldn't be copied in Auctioneer's snatch (unless the frame disappeared in which case everything went perfectly).
Any time you wish to update your snatch list you can just repeat this process; all old snatch entries will be overwritten.